Tips and advice for succeeding with email marketing.
Everybody wants to be successful with email marketing nowadays. One of the easiest and most effective ways of doing this is to set up your own email newsletter. Here are a few tips on how to set up and succeed with your own email newsletter:
Firstly, why would you want to set up an email newsletter?
* First and foremost, because you will be able to get in touch with your customers and potential customers and sell to them whenever you like. You won’t have to wait for them to come to you.
* An email newsletter is a great form of content marketing. In contrast to conventional advertising, content marketing is all about publishing useful and valuable information on your product or service online.
* It’s a very cost effective method of selling. Apart from your time it’s an advertising medium that costs almost nothing.
* It adds to your credibility. It makes you a source of knowledge, not just a seller of products and services.
Here’s what you need to get started with email marketing:
* A system for broadcasting your newsletter emails. There are loads of services that can do this for you now, some of which offer free service. I recommend use MailChimp for my mailings and recommend you to give it a try.
* Some subscribers (of course!). Put a sign up box on your website inviting visitors to sign up for your free newsletter.
Also, if you already have email contact details for customers/enquirers drop them an email and ask if they’d like to opt in.
* Ideas for content. Here are just a few things you send can out in your email newsletters: Company and industry news. New product launches and updates. Tips and advice. Special offers. Promotional competitions and surveys.
Lastly, here are a few more tips to make your new email newsletter a success:
* Make it good quality. Tell your readers something worth knowing. And, although it’s OK to include endorsements or ads. in your newsletter, don’t make it too’ hard sell’.
* Have a great headline. Just like newspaper headlines email newsletters need to have a hard hitting subject line to persuade people to open them.
* Do it regularly. Email newsletters work best when they’re sent out regularly. Weekly, on the same day each week, is ideal.
If you’d like some ideas on how an email newsletter could help your business and some help with writing great content for it just get in touch with me – mark @ markhempshell.com